Sunday 11 November 2012

Double Negative Darkroom course

Wow, only just realised how long it has been since my last blog post! Time flies when you have a house to renovate. Printmaking has taken a bit of a back seat because we have not yet got our new studio properly set up yet (more of which to come...) but I am teeming with new ideas and cannot wait to get some ink to paper and show you the results.

In a slightly different vein last weekend I went on an introductory darkroom course at Double Negative Darkroom; just up the road from my new house. I have been interested in analogue photography for a while but haven't really looked into the processes that go from taking photos onto film to getting prints back from a print lab. The whole weekend was a blast, its was loads of fun and it was really good to get an understanding of how to make prints. Seb is a wicked teacher and spending time with other enthusiasts just makes me want to take and develop more photos. There is a real satisfaction is putting your own pictures onto paper. If you have never thought about doing a darkroom course or you are looking for the right one I cannot recommend this one highly enough. Below is a selection of the photos I developed (my page positioning needs some work!):










No comments:

Post a Comment